Monday, August 4, 2008

Monday 4.08.08

Kia Ora e Te Whanau!!!!

Today has been a long day. Helping Dad get ready... Doing this doing that!!! Driving here, there and everywhere!! So tired right now, but I need to eat and drink before anything else.

I started my preparation for the journey back home. Washing, Shopping, Doctors aswell... Need to get better I do!!! And now I'm at work typing this out.

I'm not so familiar with the language or terminology that the Doctors and Nurses use, so after speaking with them last night this is what I found out- But correct me if I'm wrong???
My Koro's body is slowly breaking down. Not too sure as to how much time he has left either.
It makes you think if we're experiencing such things, what is he going thru???
Akene pea kei te taha o tona Hoa Wahine- Tereinamu??? He whakaaro noa iho.

So my Father left this after noon and wont arrive in Hamilton until 7.40pm. Then at 8.30pm at the Waikato Hospital the Whanau will have a meeting with the Doctors to discuss the situation- Koro's progress etc etc...

I leave Dunedin tomorrow at 2.40pm, arriving at 8pm. The two boys, Kotuku and Tapeka will follow on Wednesday at 12.45pm. The rest of the Whanau down here will wait until they need to come up.

So how have things been down in Dunedin???
I've been in contact with most of the cuzy's thru out the past week. Mostly Hollei and Candacce. I've spoken to Uncles Tama and Rangi, Aunty Matauria aswell. And have txd the other cousins aswell.

Its not the easiest thing being down here in the south. I can't be as close as i wish to be with my Whanau, with Koro. But the Family has done well!!!!

My Brothers and Sisters down here are okay for now. We were able to talk amongst ourselves last night. Me being the oldest at 20 and Matapihi being the youngest at 8 there is a big age gab and yet we are still able to comfort each other, help each other, and communicate with one another so that we have an understanding of whats happening.

Today Dad spoke to Aunty Nola and Uncle Jim Biddle. Dad and Uncle ended up talking bout their experiences with Koro. Uncle Jim telling us how he meet Koro, as he did not know how closely related they were. Its good just to think back to those good memories.
At such a time like this we should be celebrating those precious memories and of those who havve come before us... Do you not think???

Love to all the Whanau....
Ma te Atua e manaaki ia tatou i tenei wa, a, ki a tau te rangimarie i waenganui ia matou nei.

Arohanui,
Tereinamu Xx0

No comments: